FIRST – THE DO’S:
- DO leave your bandage on for 2 hours.
- DO wash the tattoo with your hand, soap and water. PAT dry with a clean towel.
- DO apply a thin layer of ointment 3-4 times a day. We suggest Aquaphor or Curel. If it looks glossy or feels sticky – you have used too much. Stop being wasteful.
- DO wash your tattoo twice a day and after doing activities which cause you to sweat and/or get dirty.
- DO wear loose clothing, natural fibers are best.
- DO follow us on Facebook and tell your friends about us.
NOW THE DO NOT’S:
- DO NOT use a washcloth when washing your new tattoo, they are too abrasive. Abrasive + New Tattoo = Bad.
- DO NOT re-bandage your new tattoo after the initial bandage is removed. Your artwork needs oxygen to heal properly.
- DO NOT wear lycra, nylons, spandex, or the like while your tattoo is healing. Unless it is somewhere on your body that does not touch your new tattoo. No judgment.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at your new tattoo. It will peel like a sunburn, resist the temptation to mess with it. Remember, Abrasive + New Tattoo = Bad.
- DO NOT soak your new tattoo in hot tubs, bath tubs, swimming holes or ponds…basically, don’t soak it AT ALL for two weeks.
- DO NOT expose your tattoo to the sun for extended periods of time if you want the color to remain brilliant. Sun + Tattoo = Fade
We hope you are very happy with your tattoo and hope to see you again soon. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The Parlour Tattoo